Wednesday 1 July 2009

Happy Birthday, You Degenerate!

I haven't really told anyone, because I don't like a fuss, but it's my birthday tomorrow. Due to the fact that I'm busy tomorrow, I went for a nice meal with my Mam, Step Dad, Sister and Grandparents. Sounds quite normal, and it was really. But then I got thinking, that if you watch your family closely.... you'll find they're all insane.

My sister (15) is always insane anyway, pretending to be an old rich woman, and I'm her housekeeper, Rebecca. A game I'm sure all siblings our age play.

My Step Dad decided he was too hot, and so removed his jumper. Fair enough. To reveal a very creased, white Nike t shirt which was probably intended for a 12 year old boy, which was also tucked into his trousers and so see through you could see his nipples. To which my mother asked very loudly, "Rach, can you see his deformed nipple where he used to have it pierced? Guess which one it was, go on guess!" Not fair enough.

My Grandad pretty much behaved actually, he probably couldn't get a word in edge ways for my Nana. Although he did have a loud debate with my sister about whether an ornamental tree was real or fake. He decided to lean over and pull it, removing a branch.

Nana was probably the worst, in her usual hilarious way. Lets see, oh yes. She seems to be under the impression that I left University just to be stubborn. I showed her my tattoo on my wrist. She said, "She looks like one of those.... what do you call them? That's it, a degenerate." She then high fived my sister to my sister's request. Oh, and when the bill came, she said I wouldn't be able to have one of the complimentary chocolates "what with you being on a diet and all". I wasn't actually aware that I was on a diet? Well I am now. "Don't worry pet, it's just puppy fat". WHAT IS?! Never mind. I survived and the food was lovely. Although I suppose the final nail in my birthday coffin was when we were walking to the car, as my sister was telling some sort of funny story. She turned to me and said, isn't she funny? She should be the writer in the family. Yes.... thanks Nana. =)

Ha ha, I have to laugh, because I love them all. I'm with my Dad's side of the family tomorrow. Today was nothing compared to what will be inflicted upon me then.

x

2 comments:

  1. I realize I'm early by a day, but I wanted to wish you a very happy birthday! I have been enjoying your blog entries. You have a real talent for writing. I hope you will continue to pursue it.
    Best regards,
    Jerry Gould

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you =)
    That means a lot x

    ReplyDelete